- 100% natural, plastic-free sponge
- Made from the Konjac plant
- A replacement for plastic or sea sponges
- Silky-soft and gentle when moistened
- Great for sensitive skin
- Ideal for using on the face or body
WHY WE LOVE THESE
These magical sponges make a great alternative to plastic sponges or sea sponges (made from living creatures!). Perfect for applying facial washes, cleansers and toners or makeup. These silky-soft sponges are even gentle enough for babies.
Artificial, synthetic sponges are frequently made from polyurethane foam. Along with releasing ozone-depleting chemicals during manufacturing, polyurethane can also emit formaldehyde, other irritants and cancer-causing dioxins when incinerated. Sea sponges are not much of a better solution, environmentally. According to the Australian Marine Conservation Society, sea sponges are under threat of extinction for a variety of reasons including over-harvesting.
HOW TO USE
- Initially, the Konjac sponge will appear hard but when soaked in water it will become soft and spongy.
- Apply a little pressure and use in circular motions on face or body.
- The sponge should not be wrung out but should be allowed to dry naturally.
- Sponges should be replaced every 2-3 months.
- Sponges can be home composted after use.
I've previously used cheaper sponges which felt almost hollow when wet but this one is much higher quality. Lovely colour and no plastic packaging with the order.